Our Support Services
Hostage US supports families of Americans taken hostage or wrongfully detained abroad and former hostages who have returned home and are rebuilding their lives.
Our website has information and guidance on what you might go through as a family member or as a former hostage when returning home. See the family support and hostage support sections for more specific information.
You can also get in contact to receive direct and tailored support from our team. When you get in contact, we will discuss your personal needs to identify the ways we can support you through this.
Through our support services, you will have a dedicated Hostage US supporter by your side every step of the way who will help to:
- Talk about your experience and what you are going through,
- Help you think through key decisions,
- Connect you with others who have been through a similar experience,
- Attend government meetings with you as a supporter and a note-taker,
- Make travel arrangements for meetings, and
- Help you to solve other practical problems that occur as a result of the hostage-taking.
We can connect you with professional services to help free of charge:
If you are a family member with a loved one taken hostage, please visit the following pages for resources and information:
If you are a former hostage, please visit the following pages for resources and information:
If you are a family member or former hostage looking for direct support, contact us