Hostage US offers tailored on-site training for organizations on handling the human dynamics of kidnapping. Drawing on our team’s knowledge and experience of supporting hundreds of families and former hostages over many years, we can help your organization to understand and implement effective policies for family support and hostage reintegration. For more information, see our education program video or contact us.
How we organize the training
We will work with you to design a training package that meets your exact needs.
First choose from our training topic modules:
- The basics of family support: first contact with the family, handling ongoing communication, family liaison skills, dealing with family dynamics, supporting children, responding to critical moments i.e. proof of life, release of videos, threat to life
- Family liaison personnel: their role, personal and professional qualities, skills, training needs, effective support and managing the impacts of vicarious trauma
- Organizational issues: information management and record keeping, internal communication
- Media and social media: handling hostage and family social media accounts, advising children and young people on dealing with social media, answering family questions about the media, working with your corporate communications colleagues
- Supporting hostages and families post-release or following death: initial meeting, your role in the debrief process, provision of professional support services to hostages, advice on handling issues following the death of a hostage
- Reintegration to the workplace: support in resuming roles, part-time work, supporting managers and colleagues through reintegration, long-term human resource issues
Second, tell us how long you would like the training to last – a half-day, one-day or two days
Third, tell us who will attend – security, human resources, legal and corporate communications.
Finally, tell us about your business and risk profile so we can tailor the training to your needs.
- Half-day – $4,000
- One-day – $6,000
- Two-days – $10,000
All prices are exclusive of travel and other costs.
Get in touch to discuss training
If you would like to discuss your training needs, please get in touch for a no pressure call about your needs firstname.lastname@example.org.