Donate your time
Hostage US is able to offer all services to hostages and their families free of charge because so many generous people give us their time and expertise without charging.
Get in touch if you are interested in volunteering – anything from a few hours a month to one day per week or more. Most volunteers need not make any minimum time commitment to get involved.
We are looking for –
- Physicians to offer medical assistance to returning hostages
- Psychologists and psychiatrists to offer counseling and treatment sessions for families and hostages during and after a kidnapping
- Dentists willing to offer treatment for returning hostages
- Child psychologists to help Hostage US to develop resources for children whose parent has been kidnapped, and to help parents to communicate with their children during and after a hostage incident
- Financial advisors able to offer advice and services for families and returning hostages experiencing financial hardship to help them make the most of their resources and get back on their feet financially
- Lawyers able to give time to offer legal assistance to families during a kidnapping, perhaps helping to prepare a Power of Attorney, for example
- Researchers interested in gathering data and papers relating to kidnapping to help us develop the international knowledge base
You might not have any of these professional skills but would like to donate a few hours a week or month to Hostage US. Please get in touch and we can talk about how you could help. Contact us.
Spread the word
You can also help Hostage US by spreading the word about the work we do.
Share our posts and content from our website to encourage your family and friends to follow us too.
Write a story about us in your church newsletter, school magazine or college newspaper.
Tell people about our work, encourage them to donate, and urge them to volunteer!
For more information, contact us.