Location: Washington, D.C.
Hostage US is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to join its team based in Washington, D.C. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and in support of board members, this role will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the fundraising program and associated activities for Hostage US. The role offers the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the vital mission of Hostage US, working with its talented and highly motivated team, and there are considerable opportunities to grow with the organization. Hostage US is committed to supporting staff development.
The Hostage US fundraising program incorporates a range of elements: individual donors, corporate donors, corporate sponsors, fundraising and revenue generating events around the country, online campaigns, and grants.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the role, how your experience meets the requirements, and salary expectations. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position will have the following responsibilities across all areas of fundraising and revenue generation to produce $550,000-750,000 annual turnover:
Donor communication and management:
- Develop and manage the donor management process
- Be responsible for all applicable administrative activities associated with the fundraising program, including gift acknowledgments, regular mailings, and maintenance of the donor database
- Assist the Executive Director in maintaining relationships with key donors
- Input to organization wide communications activities to maximize their contribution to fundraising goals, including press, website, annual report, and other promotional materials
Fundraising and relationship development events and online campaigns:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, devise an annual schedule of Hostage US fundraising and relationship development events in line with the organization’s strategy, mission and values
- Coordinate and be responsible for delivering all aspects of planning for fundraising events anticipated to happen with some regularity, including our annual marquee event, annual donors’ appreciation dinner, and periodic regional income generating events. This will involve overseeing all aspects, such as venue, catering, silent auction, ticket sales, attendee tracking, speaker liaison and follow up
- Lead online fundraising activities, including our Giving Tuesday campaign in November, annual half marathon and 5km fundraiser in March in Washington DC and ad hoc online campaigns by Board members, Advisory Council members, volunteers and supporters
Prospect development and program coordination:
- Working closely with the Executive Director and board members, identify and develop a robust prospect portfolio
- Lead and manage the identification, research and solicitation of new donors (individuals, corporations, grants), including event sponsors
- Support board members in their fundraising responsibilities, allowing us to make good use of their networks
- Lead on the development of donor cultivation, stewardship and other marketing collateral, such as annual reports, donor communications, donor outreach materials
- Lead on materials in support of solicitation activities, including proposals, letters and presentations for donors, briefing materials and contract reports
- Support the work of the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors, including attending all committee meetings, keeping notes, tracking actions and preparing materials for board members, as needed
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fundraising, with a preference for fundraising events, events sponsorship, online campaigns and individual donor cultivation
- Experience in events planning, logistics and operations
- Highly organized and a high level of attention to detail
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and donor management software
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain the respect, support and trust of various constituencies, including board members, high net worth individuals, organizational stakeholders, strategic partners and the hostages and their families we support
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy and respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Hostage US
Depending on experience up to $40,000.
How to apply
Send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the role, how your experience meets the requirements, and salary expectations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications are ongoing. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Interviews will be held in Washington DC and will involve an element of technical testing.
Hostage US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.