Part-time, consultancy position, with option of flexible working hours
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hostage US is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to join its team based in Washington, D.C. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this role involves assisting the Executive Director, managing the office, and other administrative duties. Hostage US is a small, dynamic team that will allow the Administrative Assistant to make a tangible impact on the mission. This is a part-time position on a consultancy basis 10-15 hours per week. Flexible work hours will be considered for the right candidate.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director, including:
- Scheduling meetings, managing schedules, arranging travel, and filing expense claims.
- Conducting research and preparing briefing packs for the Executive Director to ensure she is properly prepared for meetings and events.
- Assisting the Executive Director with trainings delivered to organizations, including travel, logistics, preparation of training materials, client liaison, and follow up.
- Assisting the Executive Director to prepare for and follow up from meetings of the Board of Directors, including organizing meetings and retreats, assisting in the compilation of board papers, and circulating minutes.
- Assistance with organizational coordination, including:
- Managing and updating core organization documents, such as the work plan, the fundraising tracker, and the organizational schedule
- Updating the database
- Office management, including:
- Ensuring the office environment is effectively organized
- Ordering stationery and office supplies
- Liaising with office suppliers
- Other activities, as needed.
- Proven experience in an administrative capacity
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to adhere to a strict confidentiality agreement
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Able to work independently and efficiently
- High level verbal and written communications skills; includes the ability to write concisely and effectively and ability to liaise with a range of contacts in a professional manner
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the role, why you are compelled to serve the mission of Hostage US and how your experience meets the requirements of the role. Please include details of your salary expectations.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. We will only reply to successful candidates.
Deadline for applications: recruitment is ongoing until we find the right candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hostage US is looking for a Program and Operations Intern who will provide support to our day-to-day operations and various areas within the organization while gaining valuable experience in an office and non-profit environment. Hostage US is comprised of a small, dynamic team that will allow the Program and Operations Intern to make a tangible impact on our mission.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with our continued social media presence including building a follower base and posting engaging content
• Contribute to the monthly e-newsletter tailored to the interests of the Hostage US network by researching topics and composing articles
• Build a media and press list including key members of the top media outlets
• Create a list of key news pegs and key dates for our internal calendar
• Composing email event invites, announcements, press releases, etc.
• Research and compile resources to expand the list of resources currently available on our website
• Research on donor prospects and grant opportunities
• Organizational administration including the upkeep of the Hostage US database as well as other office duties
Events and Seminar Planning
• Assist the staff and board with the preparation of seminars, trainings and fundraising events including organizing attendee lists, liaising with vendors, and general administrative support
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
− Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and flexibility
− Capacity to take initiative
− Motivated to work independently and remotely when necessary
− Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, WordPress, InDesign preferable, etc.)
− Strong research and administrative skills
− Experience with social media platforms
Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate university
While this is an unpaid position, depending on your university, you may be eligible to receive academic credit for your work
Minimum of 20 – 25 hours per week. We will work with you to determine a suitable schedule.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in an internship with Hostage US to email@example.com
Applications accepted on a rolling basis