Hostage US is looking for a Program and Operations Intern who will provide support to our day-to-day operations and various areas within the organization while gaining valuable experience in an office and non-profit environment. Hostage US is comprised of a small, dynamic team that will allow the Program and Operations Intern to make a tangible impact on our mission.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with our continued social media presence including building a follower base and posting engaging content
• Contribute to the monthly e-newsletter tailored to the interests of the Hostage US network by researching topics and composing articles
• Build a media and press list including key members of the top media outlets
• Create a list of key news pegs and key dates for our internal calendar
• Composing email event invites, announcements, press releases, etc.
• Research and compile resources to expand the list of resources currently available on our website
• Research on donor prospects and grant opportunities
• Organizational administration including the upkeep of the Hostage US database as well as other office duties
Events and Seminar Planning
• Assist the staff and board with the preparation of seminars, trainings and fundraising events including organizing attendee lists, liaising with vendors, and general administrative support
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
− Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and flexibility
− Capacity to take initiative
− Motivated to work independently and remotely when necessary
− Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, WordPress, InDesign preferable, etc.)
− Strong research and administrative skills
− Experience with social media platforms
Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate university
While this is an unpaid position, depending on your university, you may be eligible to receive academic credit for your work
Minimum of 20 – 25 hours per week. We will work with you to determine a suitable schedule.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in an internship with Hostage US to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted on a rolling basis