Part-time, consultancy position, with option of flexible working hours
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hostage US is seeking a part-time Executive Assistant to join its team based in Washington, D.C. near DuPont Circle. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Rachel Briggs, this role involves administration, communications, and a wider contribution to the organization’s mission and objectives. Hostage US is a small, dynamic team that will allow the Executive Assistant to make a tangible impact on the mission. This is a part-time position on a consultancy basis up to 20 hours per week. Flexible work hours will be considered for the right candidate.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Executive Director, including scheduling meetings, managing schedules, arranging travel, and filing expense claims.
- Conducting research and preparing briefing packs for the Executive Director to ensure she is properly prepared for meetings and events.
- Managing and updating core organization documents, such as the work plan, the fundraising tracker, and the organizational schedule in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Managing and updating the database to ensure effective communications with Hostage US contacts, partners and donors.
- Communicating with the Board of Directors, including organizing meetings and retreats, and assisting in the compilation of board papers.
- Assisting with organizational communications, such as newsletters, marketing for seminars and training, the website and social media.
- Other projects and activities, as needed.
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or a similar position
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to adhere to a strict confidentiality agreement
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Able to work independently and efficiently
- High level verbal and written communications skills; includes the ability to write concisely and effectively and ability to liaise with a range of contacts in a professional manner
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the role, why you are compelled to serve the mission of Hostage US and how your experience meets the requirements of the role. Please include details of your salary expectations.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. We will acknowledge all successful applications within two weeks of receipt, but only candidates selected for interview will receive a personal email.
Deadline for applications is August 21, 2017.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Hostage US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hostage US is looking for a Program and Operations Intern who will provide support to our day-to-day operations and various areas within the organization while gaining valuable experience in an office and non-profit environment. Hostage US is comprised of a small, dynamic team that will allow the Program and Operations Intern to make a tangible impact on our mission.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with our continued social media presence including building a follower base and posting engaging content
• Contribute to the monthly e-newsletter tailored to the interests of the Hostage US network by researching topics and composing articles
• Build a media and press list including key members of the top media outlets
• Create a list of key news pegs and key dates for our internal calendar
• Composing email event invites, announcements, press releases, etc.
• Research and compile resources to expand the list of resources currently available on our website
• Research on donor prospects and grant opportunities
• Organizational administration including the upkeep of the Hostage US database as well as other office duties
Events and Seminar Planning
• Assist the staff and board with the preparation of seminars, trainings and fundraising events including organizing attendee lists, liaising with vendors, and general administrative support
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
− Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and flexibility
− Capacity to take initiative
− Motivated to work independently and remotely when necessary
− Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, WordPress, InDesign preferable, etc.)
− Strong research and administrative skills
− Experience with social media platforms
Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate university
While this is an unpaid position, depending on your university, you may be eligible to receive academic credit for your work
Minimum of 20 – 25 hours per week. We will work with you to determine a suitable schedule.
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in an internship with Hostage US to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted on a rolling basis