Location: Washington, D.C.
Hostage US is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to join its team based in Washington, D.C. Reporting directly to the Director of Programs and Operations. This role will be responsible for assisting with the functioning and development of the Family Support Program and the Education Program and associated activities for Hostage US. The role offers the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the vital mission of Hostage US, working with its talented and highly motivated team, and there are considerable opportunities to grow with the organization. Hostage US is committed to supporting staff development.
The Family Support Program provides direct support to families and returned hostages helping families to cope through a kidnapping and helping former hostages to recover and get back to life after they return home.
The Education Program provides organizations with training and guidance on how to best support their people should an employee be taken hostage. This program is delivered through tailored training, seminars and workshops.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the role, how your experience meets the requirements, and salary expectations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Collect key data for analysis and reports
- Assist in the preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Work with supervisor to coordinate the gathering of feedback from families, former hostages and event attendees to continually improve the quality of programs
- Assist in the coordination, planning and delivery of Education Program and Family Support Program events
Family Support Program
- Assist in fielding and evaluating incoming cases to determine eligibility for Hostage US services
- Coordinate the access to case reports for volunteers
- Help to create resources, including guides and information sheets for volunteers to help them in the delivery of support and for families to help them to cope through the kidnapping
- Conduct research to identify support services for families and create briefings of support services based on research
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers
- Monitor functionality of the helpline
- Support the communications strategy including planning, drafting and sending general marketing emails and newsletters to the network
- Coordinate content for social media channels to promote our programs and events and monitor social media channels
- Update website as needed, including adding new resources for families and hostages, updating text on pages and creating event pages
- Monitor online analytics from marketing emails, website and social media and collect monthly data
- Schedule and organize meetings, phone calls, webinars and trainings for Board, Advisory Council, Strategic Partners and volunteers
- Prepare background briefs for meetings
- Contribute to the creation of procedures for the programs
- Support the collection of data for reporting in the Annual Report and assist in the printing and mailing of the Annual Report showcasing the program success
- Advertise and assist in recruiting intern candidates for open internship positions
The salary for this position will range from $35-40,000 depending on experience.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field
- Experience in administrative work
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in events planning, logistics and operations
- Highly organized and a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain the respect, support and trust of various constituencies, including board members, organizational stakeholders, strategic partners and the hostages and families we support
- Demonstrated tact and respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Hostage US
How to apply
Send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the role, how your experience meets the requirements, and salary expectations. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications are ongoing. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Interviews will be held in Washington DC and will involve an element of technical testing.
Hostage US is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.