There are many ways to get involved with Hostage US and support our mission. Read more about the opportunities and join us by donating, volunteering, joining our team, or spreading the word.
Join our team
Communications & Program Intern
We are looking for a summer Communications and Program Intern who will provide support to our day-to-day operations and various areas within the organization while gaining valuable experience in an office and non-profit environment.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you are interested in an internship with Hostage US to email@example.com. We will accept applications on a rolling basis.
Hostage US is proud to deliver its support to families and returning hostages and wrongful detainees free of charge. Please help us continue to offer support to all families and hostages regardless of their personal financial circumstances by making a donation.
Matching Gifts: Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contribution by their employees, retirees or employees’ spouses. Ask your organization if they have a matching gift program and double your impact.
Organize a fundraising activity
Consider organizing a fundraising activity to raise money for Hostage US. For example, you could organize:
- a coffee morning with your network
- a discussion at an association or membership group
- an evening cocktail event
- a golf outing, or
- a fundraising race.
Sign up to join our Hostage US running team who races annually in the DC Rock n' Roll Half Marathon/5k held in Washington, DC in March. We begin organizing the race in December and if you are interested in joining the team, please get in touch.
If you are interested in organizing any type of fundraising activity, please get in touch. We can help and offer tips on how to organize it, promote it, and maximize what you raise.
Consider donating your time by volunteering with Hostage US. We are able to offer all services to hostages, wrongful detainees and their families free of charge because so many generous people give us their time and expertise on a pro bono basis.
Get in touch if you are interested in volunteering – anything from a few hours a month to one day per week or more. Most volunteers need not make any minimum time commitment to get involved.
We are looking for:
- Physicians to offer medical assistance to returning hostages
- Psychologists and psychiatrists to offer counseling and treatment sessions for families and hostages during and after a kidnapping
- Dentists willing to offer treatment for returning hostages
- Child psychologists to help Hostage US to develop resources for children whose parent has been kidnapped, and to help parents to communicate with their children during and after a hostage incident
- Financial advisors able to offer advice and services for families and returning hostages experiencing financial hardship to help them make the most of their resources and get back on their feet financially
- Lawyers able to give time to offer legal assistance to families during a kidnapping, perhaps helping to prepare a Power of Attorney for example
- Researchers interested in gathering data and papers relating to kidnapping to help us develop the international knowledge base
You might not have any of these professional skills but would like to donate a few hours a week or month to Hostage US. Please get in touch and we can talk about how you could help. Contact us.
Spread the word
You can also help Hostage US by spreading the word about the work we do. Start discussions with family, friends and your employer. Let others know about our important mission.
Follow us on social media. Share our posts and content from our website and encourage your network to get involved.