- This event has passed.
Hostage US DC Seminar
May 30$240 – $600
Best Practices in Family Support and Hostage Reintegration
Hostage US will hold a seminar in Washington, D.C., focusing on how organizations can effectively support families of employees taken hostage and help employees reintegrate back into the workplace after captivity. It will include a variety speakers with expertise in the challenges facing employers when an employee is taken hostage. It will answer key questions facing those responsible for kidnap response within organizations from security, legal, HR and communications disciplines.
We have a great line up of speakers, including:
- Michael Scott Moore, former hostage and Hostage US board member
- Amy Manson, on kidnap and ransom insurance coverage
- Chris Costa, Former Special Assistant to President Trump and Senior Director for Counterterrorism on the NSC and Mary McCord, Former Acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the DoJ – reflect on the challenges for government in handling hostage crises
- Mike Mason, Verizon CSO on how corporations need to prepare for the human aspects of hostage situations
- US government representatives, including Kieran Ramsey, Director, Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell and Hugh Dugan, Principal Deputy Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs on latest updates on government policy and partnership on overseas kidnappings
Thursday, May 30, 2019 – K&L Gates, 1601 K St. NW, Washington, DC, 20006
See the full agenda below or download the agenda here.
Please note: this event will be held under the Chatham House Rule and this event is not open to members of the media.
|08.15-08.30||Coffee and registration|
|08.30-08.35||Welcome from host||Charlie Eisen, K&L Gates|
|08.35-08.45||Introduction to the day and Hostage US||Rachel Briggs, Hostage US|
|08.45-09.30||Kidnapping trends and latest developments||Frank Grimm, Constellis|
|09.30-10.15||Reflections on family experiences of a kidnapping||Audrey and Percy Pika, sons of an illegal detainee in the Republic of Congo|
|10.45-11.30||Working with the US Government||Hugh Dugan, Principal Deputy Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs, Office of the Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs
Kieran Ramsey, Director, Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell
Diane Ryan, Family Engagement Coordinator, Hostage Recovery Fusion Cell
|11.30-11.50||What happens when families can’t access their loved one’s assets? Legal case study||Charlie Eisen, K&L Gates|
|11.50-12.30||How to access the full range of support services for families through insurance||Amy Manson, Hostage US Board of Directors|
|13.00-13.45||Hostage taking incidents: Focusing on the family||Michael A. Mason, Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer, Verizon|
|13.45-14.30||Reflections on the hostage challenge||Chris Costa, Former Special Assistant to President Trump and Senior Director for Counterterrorism on the NSC
Mary McCord, Former Acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the DoJ
|14.45-15.15||Organizational best practices for reintegration and return to work||Rachel Briggs, Hostage US|
|15.15-16.15||Reflections on the challenges of reintegration||Michael Scott Moore, held in Somalia for 977 days|
|16.15-16.30||Conclusions, close and depart|