Hostage US is holding a daylong seminar in Chicago, focusing on how organizations can effectively support families of employees taken hostage and help employees reintegrate back into the workplace after captivity.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (registration beginning at 8:30 AM)
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP, 311 S Wacker Drive, Suite 4400, Chicago, IL 60606 (map directions)
Best Practices in Family Support and Hostage Reintegration
The seminar includes a variety speakers with expertise in the challenges facing employers when an employee is taken hostage. It will answer key questions facing those responsible for kidnap response within organizations from security, legal, HR and communications disciplines.
Kidnapping trends and developments
- Frank Grimm, Director of Crisis Response Services, Constellis, will outline the current kidnapping trends and latest developments.
First-hand experience and reflections from a family
- Diane Foley, mother of James Foley, freelance journalist murdered by ISIS in 2014 and founder of James W. Foley Legacy Foundation, will share her reflections on family experiences during and after a kidnapping.
Reintegration challenges for a hostage returning home
- Rachel Briggs, Executive Director, Hostage US, will discuss the reintegration challenges for returning hostages and how employers can assist their employees return to the workplace.
Hostage family support best practices case study
- Jonathan Phillippe, Stratfor and Hostage US Family Support Volunteer, will share his experiences of providing family support through a kidnapping including a case study on best practices and lessons learned.
Kidnap and ransom insurance: what you need to know
- Amy Manson, Hostage US Board of Directors will discuss how to access the full range of support services for hostages and their families available through insurance coverage.
Social media during a hostage case
- Jason Reich, Director of Global Security, BuzzFeed, will explain the challenges that social media poses for a family and for an employer during a hostage case
Check back soon to view the full agenda. Below you can view the past two Hostage US seminars held in Washington D.C. and New York.
Hostage US June 2017 DC Seminar Agenda
Hostage US March 2017 NYC Seminar Agenda