JOIN US TO CELEBRATE OUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY
Our virtual Annual Reception will bring together former hostages and their families and senior representatives across the public and private sectors.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Sponsorship guarantees that hostages and their families get the care they need through access to support, information, and pro bono professional services. You ensure that no hostage or family suffers this ordeal alone in silence.
Program & Sponsorship Opportunities
Share your contact information to receive updates as registration becomes available.
The program includes an interview with:
- David Rohde, Executive Editor for News of NewYorker.com, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author, and former hostage held in Afghanistan for seven months
With remarks from:
- Ambassador Roger Carstens, Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs
- Dana Shell Smith, Ambassador (Ret.)
- Elizabeth Whelan, Artist and sister of Paul Whelan, wrongfully detained in Russia since December 2018
- Liz Frank, Executive Director of Hostage US
- Rachel Briggs, Founding Executive Director of Hostage US
The event Honorary Committee includes:
Jessica Buchanan, Former hostage, held in Somalia, Educator, Inspirational Speaker, NYT Bestselling Author
Christopher P. Costa (Ret.), Executive Director of the International Spy Museum and former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Counterterrorism, National Security Council, White House, 2017-18
Michèle Flournoy, Managing Partner of WestExec Advisors and former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
Jim O’Brien, Vice-Chair of Albright Stonebridge Group and former Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs
Nicholas Rasmussen, Former Director of the National Counterterrorism Center and former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Counterterrorism, National Security Council, White House
Jason Rezaian, Global Opinions Writer, The Washington Post and former hostage held in Iran
Dana Shell Smith, Ambassador (Ret.)
Representative Elissa Slotkin, Representative for Michigan’s 8th Congressional District 2019-present
Monday, April 12, 2021
4:30 PM ET
Details and registration to follow
Hostage US is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Donations made to Hostage US are tax-deductible.